In many respects the ride enjoyed by McLaren Applied Technologies could be said to have gone from pole to podium with blurring speed.
The short-sightedness of Cambridge planners has cost the UK technology cluster over 400 jobs with fast-growing engineering software plc AVEVA Group. But the company’s HQ will stay in Cambridge for the time being.
South Korean giant LG Electronics is leveraging technology from Cambridge UK superchip designer ARM to effect major innovations in a range of devices.
Cambridge UK medical technology business Phytopharm reported an unaudited post-tax loss of £2.65 million for the six months to the end of March but it was the cash burn that evidenced the reasons for the company’s urgent restructuring.
AVEVA CEO Richard Longdon has forecast a fresh surge of global growth for the Cambridge UK engineering technology business after a thumping set of full year results and signs of a potential bonanza in oil & gas and the nuclear power new-build sector in China and India.
A novel inhaler for cystic fibrosis suffers using saltwater treatment has been developed in a Cambridge UK-North Carolina technology alliance.
Warren East, who retires as CEO of Cambridge technology great ARM on July 1, is to help steer the fortunes of the UK’s digital innovators.
The University of Cambridge is backing an exciting new ‘scholarship’ in disruptive technology for next generation student entrepreneurs.
Cambridge medical technology business Phytopharm plc has suspended trading on the UK’s main market pending a potentially transformational acquisition which is at the heart of an urgent restructuring.
Cambridge gaming technology business Quixant made its bow on AIM in the UK with a market cap of £30 million after raising around £4.55m in an oversubscribed funding round.
Inhaled therapies pioneer Vectura, which has operations in the Cambridge UK technology cluster, plans to use some of its £70 million war chest for fresh commercial ventures to accelerate growth.
Cronto, a fraud busting technology spin-out from Cambridge University in the UK, has been sold to NASDAQ-quoted VASCO for just under $22 million (£14.36m).
The Queen is to officially open the new building for the Medical Research Council (MRC) Laboratory of Molecular Biology at the heart of the Cambridge UK technology cluster on Thursday, May 23.
Babraham Institute in Cambridge has formed a new venture to commercialise its vast IP portfolio and expand collaboration opportunities with global researchers and companies – a move that boosts the UK’s capabilities for medical technology innovation.
Cambridge Airport has confirmed that Darwin Airline has established a base there to launch four new European routes.
- Second spin-out from HiWave
- Cambridge Airport launches four new European routes
- ARM and LogMeIn jumpstart IoT revolution
- Deepsea don makes waves with scuba school
- Technology speaks volumes for disabled
- Cambridge-Singapore alliance launched with real deals
- Cambridge shares £50m MedTech bonanza
- In the spotlight: Dave Gwilt, co-founder of BlinkPipe
- Food fingerprint identifies product provenance
- Startups must get the structure right from the off
- Volt of confidence for GridKey
- Debut of e-Go aircraft at AeroExpo
- Cambridge team creates virtual studio for Expressen
- Hancock lauds Marshall commitment to apprenticeships
- Proserv makes real waves in subsea sector
- Cambridge Airport sees Jersey bookings soar
Page 1 of 123