World-leading business Marshall of Cambridge has lit the touchpaper to one of the most significant developments in city annals – freeing up 125 acres of non-airport land for housing and commercial schemes and bankrolling upgraded manufacturing facilities at the company.
Property and Construction
Work is underway on a 3,500 sq ft headquarters for the British Society of Plant Breeders (BSPB) on Ely’s Lancaster Way Business Park.
Property development company Paper Mill Lane Properties has submitted plans for the £20 million redevelopment of the 12-acre site of the former Fisons factory at Paper Mill Lane in Bramford, Suffolk – including 65,000 square feet of office space and 176 new homes.
The office and laboratory market in Cambridge has enjoyed a total take up of 579,000 sq ft over the last 12 months, according to Bidwells. It was one of the major highlights of the firm’s new Business Space Data Book, which covers all aspects of the office, laboratory and industrial markets in the Eastern Region.
Christopher Reeve has joined Bidwells’ Business Space Agency team in Cambridge.
Global property group, Goodman has attracted two new customers to Colworth Science Park in Bedfordshire. Econergy Ltd, and its partner company Cool Planet Ltd, both wholly owned subsidiaries of British Gas, have agreed to lease 4,619 sq ft of office space at The Exchange.
Guidance about the risks and rewards of wind turbine development were given by a local energy expert to business and political audiences at the UK’s premier renewable energy event which took place in Scotland last week.
The former Probation Service premises in the heart of Huntingdon town centre is on the market with an asking price of £595,000 through Barker Storey Matthews.
- Makeover starts on new Peterborough scheme
- Land instructions are early indicators, says agent
- Cambridge new town could start next year
- Care UK to invest £60m in care homes
- Green light for Alconbury flagship
- Community Infrastructure Levy could actually stop development
- Common land – potential pitfalls for developers
- Marks and Spencer distribution warehouse changes hands
- Planning reforms big on concept but short on detail, says Cheffins
- Xaar grows Cambridge Science Park stronghold
- New industrial buildings underway at Eagle site
- Peterborough City Council takes floor at Northminster House
Page 7 of 43